Why pray at this time?
In this moment, it is easy to be overwhelmed by fear. We live in a time of uncertainty but we must remember what we know is certain...that God is on the throne, he is in control and we can trust him during this time.
Prayer is in invitation to come before God, bring our worries, experience his presence and be changed by Him.
1 John 4:18 tells us that perfect love casts our fear and Philippians 4:6-7 tells 'Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.'
God deeply cares for us and wants to make himself known to us during this time.
What to pray for at this time?
For the end of Coronavirus COVID-19
- For breakthroughs in treatment and a vaccine to be developed and that the Kingdom of God would break through and defeat this virus.
Leaders of our Nations
- For wisdom and protection for those having to make decisions across this country and the nations. Weighty decisions in government.
- For everyone in the NHS serving our nation at this time. That all they need to do their jobs would be provided and you would protect their health as they serve.
- For the needs of the most in need in our nation at this time and the churches, charities and organisations that are supporting them. We especially think of those who are homeless during this time.
- For the schools in our local area and all those who are teachers. Pray they would be able to support their students and pray for parents and children who are now having to learn at home (especially those who had expected to take exams this summer).
- For those who have contracted COVID-19 and are trying to recover, those who are isolated and lonely and those in the at-risk category. Pray against fear and that people would encounter Jesus during this time.
For those facing uncertainty in their employment
- Especially pray for those whose jobs are under threat, who have lost their jobs or are worried about their future.
- For those in our family especially those who are struggling during this time. Pray also for those in leadership who are making lots of decisions at this time.
- Pray for the church across our city, nation and the nations. Pray we would take this opportunity to share the love of Jesus and many would turn to Jesus as their Lord and Saviour.
For more prayer resources, please visit the following sites:
SIM International: https://www.sim.org/
24/7 Prayer Movement: https://www.24-7prayer.com/coronavirusprayer
The Church of England: https://www.churchofengland.org/more/media-centre/coronavirus-liturgy-and-prayer-resources
Evangelical Alliance: https://www.eauk.org/what-we-do/prayer-centre/coronavirus-prayer